Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tutorial - DIY Luau Snack Cups


I recently threw a luau-themed party that I can't wait to share with you!  In the meantime, I wanted to give you a peek at these cute little snack cups that I used for the dessert table.  These were perfect for the kids to grab and they are super easy to make, so I wanted to share the tutorial with my lovely readers!

Supplies Needed:
- 3 oz. Plastic Cups
- Cardstock Paper
- Small Gems (found in craft stores with flat backs)
- Hot Glue Gun


Here are the easy steps:


1.  Use the hydrangea paper punch and heavy cardstock to punch out as many flowers as you'll need (you will need 2 flowers per cup).

2.  Take 2 hydrangeas and bend each petal upward to create dimension.

3.  Use the hot glue gun to glue one hydrangea on top of the other, placing the petals so they are not directly on top of each other.  Be very careful not to burn your fingers!!

4. Use the hot glue gun to glue a small gem onto the center of your your flower.  Once again, be very careful not to burn yourself!  You need just the smallest dot of glue so that the glue doesn't overflow over the gem.

5.  Glue the finished flower onto a plastic cup and you will have a simple, yet beautiful embellished snack cup.


My little girl Skylar was even able to help me with this project - she loves to craft!  Have your little ones help you by punching out the individual flowers. 

Have fun!


Linking Up:




2 comments:

  1. so cute! I'm your newest follower - I've just launched a summer-activity-ebook - feel free to join my blog and leave a link to this blog post at the bottom of the announcement - your craft would suit a summer-luau-party perfectly!
    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/summer-activity-ebook.html

    ReplyDelete